Sunday, April 14, 2013

Twigg revives blog, adds email alert service
as campaign begins for B.C. election May 14

Voters in British Columbia will go to the polls on May 14 and are likely to make significant changes in the governance of the province, though exactly what changes of course remain to be seen.

It is almost a foregone conclusion that the B.C. New Democrats now led by Adrian Dix will win a majority of seats - unless he or a colleague makes a horrendous blunder or some other unforeseen fluke happens - but there are still major uncertainties about the size and shape of seats to be won or lost by the three main opposition parties (as the governing B.C. Liberals soon should be) and numerous credible independent candidates.

I have lots of thoughts to contribute about those and many other relevant questions and policy issues and since they don't fit easily into Twitter posts - where I have been very active of late - I have now taken the step of reviving my Daily Twigg blog - and its comments section!

I won't promise that I'll have something new to post every day but I will have lots to say - especially as voting day nears - and I will use Twitter to alert people when new comments are posted.

Also, I have decided to launch an emailed B.C. Election Alerts News Service which will broadcast reports on any major events as soon as they happen.

For example, how will Premier Christy Clark's performance be in tonight's televised launch? Will she be surprisingly strong? Or will she be same-old-same-old, or even blunder? If something game-changing does arise you'll be among the first to hear about it.

If you would like to receive my B.C. Election Alerts News Service please let me know by email to john@johntwigg.com and follow it with a cheque or cash for only $20 (no tax) to:

John Twigg
P.O. Box 101 Postal Stn. A
Campbell River B.C.
V9W 4Z9

Your feedback is welcome as always.

No comments:

Post a Comment